Installing Symbian Themes downloaded from Pizero Design is very simple. You just need the following:
- A compression Utility to unzip the themes
- A compatible cell phone running Symbian OS 3rd edition, 5th edition, Symbian^3, Anna, Belle.
- The Nokia Pc Suite software, or equivalent software from other manufacturer
- A Usb cable or Bluetooth adapter
1) The first step is to download a theme. At the end of every post there is a link to download the theme.
2) When the download is completed, you have to extract the theme files. To do so, you should use a compression utility to open .ZIP files. Most users already have a software like this on their computers.
3) Once you have extracted the SIS files, you will find in your package more than one theme:
- Theme Title – This theme installs with PiZero Custom icons.
- Theme Title (“lite” or “default”) – This theme installs without icons. You will use your phone’s standard icons
4) Now, make sure you have installed the Nokia PC Suite software that comes with your Nokia Phone, or equivalent software from your phone manufacturer. If you do not have Nokia Pc Suite installed, you can download here for free.
5) Then, connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable or bluetooth adapter, and select “Pc Suite” mode. The Phone should be now connected to the pc (an upper screen icon on the phone will that you that).
6) Double-click on the *.sis file that you downloaded, it will say “install application on phone?” Click Yes.
7) The installation now continues on the mobile phone.
Accept all the terms and read carefully the advices. Then , the phone will ask you if you want to install the theme on the phone memory or on memory card. Choose one, according on your desire and free space available. I however recommend to install themes on phone memory, but only if you have enough free space.
8) The installlation is now finished, and you are ready to use your new theme! You will find it in your Themes folder, that may vary depending from you phone model.
Nokia Eseries Users, Please read this!
When Installing a theme, you get an “Invalid certificate error”? Here’s how to resolve the problem:Invalid certificate error is a very common problem of the E-Series by Nokia.
To fix it, take your phone, go to Menu – Tools – App. Manager – Options – Settings, and check that “Software installation” is set to Complete, and “Online certificate verify” is disabled.
Then, all the themes will install flawlessly.